Top 10 Summer Safety Checklist Tips
1. Practice Sun Safety - Apply Sunscreen, Get some sun-protective clothing, shop for cool shades.
2. Protect Against Bugs - Use insect repellents, Wear long sleeve pants & shirts, Never leave stagnant pools of water around your home, Avoid using scented soaps and lotions.
3. Prevent Dehydration - When children are playing it is very important for them to drink water frequently.
4. Don't Forget Helmets - Your child should wear a helment when they are on anything with wheels.
5. Practice Food Safety - Be sure to wash your hands before preparing food, Never cross contaminate, Consider the temperature.
6. Guard Against Drowning - Put barriers around the pool to restrict access, Never leave kids unsupervised, Do not use floatation devices, Learn CPR.
7. Avoid Trampoline Danger - No more than one child jumping at a time, No somersaults, Do not allow children under 6 on a large trampoline, Move the trampoline away from structures and play areas.
8. Warn kids about hiding in enclosed spaces - Teach children to not play hide and seek by crawling in an enclosed place. (cars, trunk, chest, or old cooler or appliance)
9. Use Caution When Doing Yardwork - Children under 12 should not use a push mower and children under 16 should not operate a ride on mower.
10. Safeguard home playgrounds - Make sure the ground under the play area is soft enough.
To see the complete article and details pertaining to each item on the checklist visit: